Do you have a little too much Christmas pudding left over? Are you unsure of what to make for a New Year's Eve treat? Enjoy a little booze and use up your leftovers with these mouthwatering Christmas Pudding Chocolate Sundaes. They serve 4, and they’re ready in just 10 minutes. Problem officially solved!
Non-alcoholic? Skip the brandy or orange liqueur.
• Leftover Christmas pudding
• 1 tbsp butter
• 3 tbsp brandy or orange liqueur
• 1 can pear quarters in juice
• Icecream of choice
• 1 can maraschino cherries
• ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
For the chocolate orange sauce:
• 1 bar dark chocolate
• 50 ml double cream
• 1 tbsp brandy or orange liqueur
• 1 tbsp orange zest (1 orange)
1. Start off by making your chocolate shavings by dragging a large knife over the surface of the bar of dark chocolate. You only need enough to top the sundaes!
2. Prepare fresh orange zest by scraping the orange along a grater from top to bottom.
3. Break the remaining chocolate bar into a saucepan and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Heat gently and keep stirring until the chocolate melts into a smooth glossy texture.
4. To prepare the left-over pudding, melt the butter in a pan and crumble in the pudding. Heat until warm and crispy.
5. Distribute your pudding into sundae glasses or ice-cream bowls.
6. Drizzle the alcohol, pear juice and chocolate orange sauce over the heated cake.
7. Finish the sundae off by garnishing with chopped walnuts and a cherry on top!
From all of us at Ashley HomeStore, we would like to wish you a safe and Happy New Year!