No More Monday Blues
The London Fog Latte is the pick-me-up you’ve been waiting for! It’s a luxurious combination of Earl Grey tea, steamed milk, vanilla, and spices. With the fog and misty weather of Canada’s Western Coast, origins of this drink can be traced back to Vancouver Island! If you’re a tea drinker, you’re bound to have these ingredients on hand. Let us walk you through the 5 simple steps to making the London Fog latte at home:
• 1 cup boiling water
• 2 Earl Grey tea bags
• 1 cup milk
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp spice blend (combination of • cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger)
• 1-2 tsp honey
• 1 tsp sugar or sweetener (optional)
1. Pour boiling water over the tea bags, vanilla extract and spice blend in a measuring cup. You can also add sugar or a sweetener of choice, depending on your preference. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
2. Heat the milk over the stove in a small saucepan. Keep stirring until hot and steamy.
3. To froth, simply whisk the milk vigorously with a back and forth motion over the stove. Stir in honey for a little natural sweetness!
4. Pour the tea into each mug along with the frothy milk.
5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the comfort of your latte!