If you enjoy a good batch of cookies from time to time, ginger snaps are a comforting and mouth-watering option during the dead of winter. The edges are irresistibly crunchy, while the thick centers stay soft and chewy. To take the cookie in a new direction, we added orange zest for a bold zing! Comfort is 100% guaranteed with this recipe!
How to Make Orange Ginger Snaps
(Based on Bridget Oland’s Recipe from Crosby's)
♥ 3 cups flour
♥ 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
♥ Grated zest of one orange
♥ 1 teaspoon cinnamon
♥ 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
♥ 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
♥ 1/4 teaspoon allspice
♥ 1 cup butter, softened
♥ 1 cup brown sugar
♥ 1 egg
♥ 1/2 cup fancy molasses
♥ 1 teaspoon vanilla
♥ Sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, spices, baking soda and orange zest.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, molasses, and vanilla slowly.
4. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
5. Form into 1 ½” balls and roll in sugar.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
7. Share with your friends, or keep them to enjoy for you and your family!